Breakout sessions are unique to the Symposium. Session organizers arrange expert speakers on relevant topics for session attendees to debate and discuss the issues. These sessions often include perspectives from around the world and across markets.
While breakout sessions are still being finalized, the 2020 program will highlight topics such as:
- Accessibility — opportunities to support an active aging community
- Acceptance and Adoption — safety, regulatory, certification, infrastructure impacts
- Cybersecurity – protecting operational functions and user data
- Data — open data, training data, building robust models, data sharing, work zone data
- Deployment — priorities, shuttles & buses, collaboration
- Human Factors — mental models, mitigating fatigue and distraction and regulatory frameworks
- Policy – laws and regulations at all levels that are shaping deployments and supply chains
- Safety Assurance – redundancy, liability, maintenance
- Privacy – user data and rider safety
- Simulation – training and testing
- Trucking & Delivery — goods movement for long-haul and urban environments
- …and much more!
Breakout Sessions will be announced in April — stay tuned!